Blue Level Quiz #3 - Count and Noncount Nouns
Directions: Complete each sentence with the correct form of the verb "be." (10 points)
1. There _______ some time before the game.
2. There _______ two people looking at the house.
3. _______ there a good movie showing at that theater?
4. _______ there any good restaurants near here?
5. Why ______ there police officers outside that house?
6. There ______ a hat on the table.
7. _______ there enough chairs for everyone?
8. _______ there a pillow on the bed?
9. There _______ seven days in a week.
10. There ______ ten students in the classroom.
Directions: Complete each sentence with "much" or "many." (10 points)
1. How ______ time is there to finish our work today?
2. There aren't ______ students in class today.
3. I like her very _______.
4. How ______ money do you have?
5. Are there _______ cars in the parking lot?
6. You don't make _______ mistakes, do you?
7. There isn't very _______ tea left in the teapot.
8. She doesn't like too _______ meat in the sauce.
9. How ________ people do you know in your building?
10. There isn't very _______ oil left in the world.
Which nouns are count nouns and noncount nouns? List them in each category: (10 points)
water / apple / man / oil / butter / window / cup / pencil / rice / computer / time / friend / money / snow / table
click here for the answers