Learn American English Online.com
Blue Level Quiz #6 - Articles (ANSWERS)
Directions: Fill in the blank space with the correct article: "a" or "the"
1. The coffee I made isn't very good.
2. I need to buy a new car. (any car)
3. I can't see the sun.
4. This is the first time for me.
5. Do you want to see a movie today? (any movie)
6. Mary goes to a very good school.
7. I put gas into the car. (my car / my family's car)
8. The bus that I take every day stops right here.
9. That is a very large truck.
10. Some of the apples I got at the store are bad.
Directions: Fill in the blank with "a" or "an."
1. She saw a friend in class.
2. An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
3. My teacher has a big classroom.
4. Jose drives an hour to and from work every day.
5. Is that a fresh apple, or is it an old apple?
Part B (continued)
6. That is a good way to learn English.
7. Christine is an honest person.
8. We once owned a house in Minneapolis.
9. Do you want to take an English class?
10. There's a cracked egg in the egg carton.
Directions: Fill in the blank with "the" or "--" (nothing). Some of these sentences don't require "the." (10 points)
1. There was a lot of rain last night. (no article)
2. The rain came down hard last night.
3. The history of Mexico is very interesting.
4. I like to study history. (no article)
5. The medicine I took is making me dizzy.
6. I got some medicine at the store. (no article before medicine)
7. They used to live in the United States.
8. The city of Chicago is very big.
9. I like to study English. (no article)
10. The English language is very difficult.
(*Remember that some words in some situations don't use an article)
Click here to return to the Blue Level