Green Level Quiz #16 - causative verbs Write the answers in your notebook.
Directions: Rewrite each sentence so that it uses the causative verbs get or have. Pay attention to verb tense.
Example: John paid a landscaper to cut his grass. (have) John had his grass cut by a landscaper.
We hired a progessional to paint our house. (get) We got our house painted by a professional.
1. We paid a mechanic to fix our car. (have) ______________________________________________________________________.
2. Binte went to a manicurist who did her nails. (have) ______________________________________________________________.
3. Bob hired a handyman to fix his door. (get) _____________________________________________________________________.
4. The company found a caterer to prepare the food. (have) ___________________________________________________________.
5. Linda pays an accountant to do her taxes. (have) _________________________________________________________________.
6. We should call a plumber to replace the toilet. (get) _______________________________________________________________.
7. They might find a professional to manage this. (have) _____________________________________________________________.
8. You should go to a doctor to look at that. (get) ___________________________________________________________________.
9. Mike will pay a lawyer to review the documents. (have) ___________________________________________________________.
10. Lisa and Tom hired a company to clean their gutters. (get) ________________________________________________________.
Click here for the answers.