Exercise #2 - be: present tense
Directions: Provide the missing contraction. Some verbs are negative.
in your notebook
1. He____ not here right now.
2. They____ going to be here soon.
3. I____ leaving in a few minutes.
4. Mary____ at home today.
5. You____ a very good student.
6. The kids _______ home yet.
7. This ______ working very well.
8. John____ not in his office.
9. We____ having breakfast right now.
10. It____ snowing today.
Do you want to see the answers?
Here they are:
1. He's not here right now.
He's = He is
2. They're going to be here soon.
They're = They are
3. I'm leaving in a few minutes.
I'm = I am
4. Mary's at home today.
Mary's = Mary is
5. You're a very good student.
You're = You are
6. The kids aren't home yet.
aren't = are not
7. This isn't working very well.
isn't = is not
8. John's not in his office.
John's = John is
9. We're having breakfast right now.
We're = We are
10. It's snowing today.
It's = It is