|Orange Level - Exercise #11: short answers and tag questions|
Directions: Fill in the blanks. Write your answer by hand in your notebook.
Exercise A: Short answers. Answer each question with a short answer. Pay attention to verb tenses.
A: Are you going to be here tomorrow?
What's the answer? As a short answer, it should be "Yes, I am."
Are you good at this? Let's see. Answer each question with a short affirmative or negative response.
1. Is he a good student?
2. Are you a good student?
3. Do you have a notebook?
4. Does your computer work?
5. Has he done his homework yet?
6. Is the movie going to start soon?
7. Are the chairs in the room?
8. Have they had anything to eat yet?
9. Will she be coming home next weekend?
10. Did you do well on this exercise?
Exercise B. Finish each statment with a tag question. Tag questions (or attached questions) are answered with a negative or affirmative response.
Example: That's an interesting painting, ______ _______? (isn't it)
In the question part, the verb comes before the subject, and the subject is in the form of a pronoun.
1. It's a nice day, ______ _______?
2. She's here today, _______ _______?
3. You're a student, _______ _______?
4. He has his phone, _______ _______?
5. This won't hurt, _______ _______?
6. The furniture was delivered, _______ _______?
7. They didn't do very well, _______ _______?
8. The children haven't been outside yet, _______ _______?
9. We should get going, _______ _______?
10. I'm pretty good at this game, _______ _______?
Click here for the answers.