|Orange Level - Exercise #8: was going to|
Directions: Use "was going to" or "were going to " and the correct past tense verb for each sentence:
Example: A: Did you take out the trash?
B: I was going to, but then the phone rang. (ring)
1. A: Is Dave coming to our party?
B: He ______________________, but he _______________________ a babysitter for his kids. (can't find)
2. A: Are you making dinner tonight?
B: I ________________________ until the power ________________ out. (go)
3. A: Is your daughter going to college?
B: She ______________________, but she ___________________ to take a year off and travel first. (decide)
4. A: Is the teacher going to stay after class?
B: He _______________________, but he ___________________ out he had a meeting to go to later. (find)
5. A: Are your neighbors going to sell their house?
B: They ______________________ until the real estate market ___________________. (crash)
6. A: Are you going to buy a new computer?
B: Well, I ____________________________ buy a new iMac until I __________________ my job. (lose)
7. A: What are Jim and Victoria doing tonight?
B: They ____________________ see a movie, but instead they _____________ reservations at a restaurant. (make)
8. A: Did the plumber come to fix the toilet today.
B: He _________________________ come this morning, but his truck _____________________ down. (break)
9. A: Did the kids do their homework yet?
B: They ___________________________do it until Uncle Joe __________________ by for a surprise visit. (come)
10. A: Did I pay the credit card bill yet this month? I can't remember.
B: No, you didn't. You said you ______________________ wait until you _____________________. (get paid)
Click here for the answers.