Prepositions Quiz #2
Directions: Complete each sentence with the correct preposition. Choose from the word bank below:
between by during for from in in front of
1. Helena received a letter _______________ her brother.
2. There's a cab parked ________________ the apartment building.
3. What did you do _______________ the day yesterday?
4. My flight was very uncomfortable. I had to sit _______________ two very large people.
5. Please get ______________ the car so we can go.
6. What company do you work _______________ now?
7. ________________ the 1980s, John and Mary lived in Portland, Oregon.
8. He made a very large amount of money _______________ working as a stockbroker.
9. Some students don't like to speak English ________________ people they don't know.
10. I have lived in Minnesota _______________ 19 years.
11. What did you learn _______________ your teacher today?
12. We should keep this a secret. This is _______________ only you and me.
13. She works _______________ advertising for a small company.
14. Which dealership did you buy your car _______________?
15. When we returned to school in the fall, our teacher asked us what we did _______________ the summer break.
16. I forgot who the book was written _______________. Do you remember the name of the author?
17. Tom had to get _______________ two men who were about to fight each other.
18. How much did you get _______________ your car?
19. There's a spare tire _______________ the trunk of the car.
20. No one can see the TV if you're standing ________________ it.