Prepositions Quiz #6
Directions: Complete each sentence with the correct preposition. Choose from the word bank below:
towards underneath until up with within without
1. During the earthquake, the ground ________________ my feet began to shake.
2. When was the last time he went an entire day ________________ a cigarette?
3. Lisa likes to go shopping for clothes _________________ her friends to get their advice.
4. The money that Bing is saving will go ________________ college for her kids.
5. People who live in southern and central Minnesota like to travel _______________ north during the summer.
6. On the weekend, Loni doesn't wake up ________________ 10 a.m. in the morning.
7. Is there a mosque that they can go to ________________ the city?
8. The subway ________________ the city can get people to their destinations very quickly.
9. This street goes ________________ a very dangerous neighborhood.
10. It's probably going to rain, so don't leave ________________ an umbrella.
11. The airport is ________________ a fifteen-minute drive.
12. As you walk ________________ the entrance of the fairgrounds, you'll see the person selling tickets.
13. It's more difficult to travel _______________ the river than down it because the current flows south.
14. Vic won't be coming home _______________ next summer.
15. Amish farmers build their houses _______________ using electricity or modern equipment.
16. What do you think she looks like ________________ those dark sunglasses
17. I fertilized my vegetables ________________ compost and the results were very good.
18. The sun will go down _______________ the next hour or so.
19. He left the house _______________ his cell phone, so he drove back home to get it.
20. Looking _______________ the future, they've decided to save money for a new house.