Level - Start Here
1. They're traveling up the escalator.
2. You need to walk up the stairs to get to the temple.
3. The arrow on this sign points up.
4. Helen likes to hang up pictures that her children have drawn.
She puts the pictures up on the wall in her office.
(The word "up" is often used with verb phrases.)
5. After ten minutes of work, their tent is up.
("Up" is used as an adjective in this sentence.)
7. It's dangerous to get up close to a lion.
(get up close: get very close; to move near something)