Melissa had a dental appointment this morning. Her appointment was at 9:30 a.m. She arrived at the dentist's office ten minutes early. When she walked into the office, she checked in with the receptionist. Then she hung up her coat and sat down in the waiting area.
After about ten minutes, the dental hygienist called Melissa's name, and Melissa followed the hygienist to a small room with a dentist's chair. First the hygienist took some x-rays. Then she began to clean Melissa's teeth.
When the hygienist finished her work, the dentist came in to look at Melissa's teeth. The dentist found a cavity, so he told Melissa to come back again soon for a filling. Before Melissa left the dentist's office, she made another appointment to have the cavity fixed.
O O O O O O O O O O O O O O
Now you try it. Read the paragraph above. If you have a microphone, you can record your voice and compare it to my voice.
How much do you remember from the reading? Fill in the blanks.
- 1A: What time was Melissa's appointment?
- 1B: It was __________ 9:30 a.m.
- 2A: What did the dental hygienist do?
- 2B: She __________ Melissa's teeth.
- 3A: What did the dentist find?
- 3B: He found a ____________.
- 4A: What did the dentist tell Melissa to do?
- 4B: He told her to _________ _________ again to have her cavity fixed.
(answers: 1. at; 2. cleaned; 3. cavity; 4. come back)