Mark is babysitting his grandson today. His grandson's name is Peter. He's four years old. Peter's parents both work during the day, so Mark takes care of Peter every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. On the other days, Tuesday and Thursday, Peter goes to a preschool.
Today Mark is going to take Peter to the park. The park isn't very close, but they always walk because Mark likes the exercise. It takes about 20 minutes to get there. When they're at the park, Mark pushes Peter on the swings and watches him as he goes down the slide. Mark enjoys taking care of Peter. In fact, he always looks forward to it.
O O O O O O O O O O O O O O
Now you try it. Read the paragraph above. If you have a microphone, you can record your voice and compare it to my voice.
How much do you remember from the reading? Fill in the blanks.
- 1A: Who is Mark babysitting?
- 1B: He's babysitting his ______________.
- 2A: On what days does he babysit?
- 2B: He babysits every ________, ________ and ________.
- 3A: How long does it take them to get to the park?
- 3B: It takes _______________.
- 4: Mark pushes Peter on the _____________.
(Answers: 1. grandson; 2. Monday, Wednesday, Friday; 3. 20 minutes; 4. swings)