Tigist needs a new place to live. Right now she lives with her brother's family, but she wants to move out. She moved to the United States from Ethiopia seven months ago, and now she thinks she's ready to find her own apartment.
Tigist works at an airport coffee shop full time. She makes enough money to pay the rent for a small studio, but she wants a nice apartment so she and her friend, Helen, are going to find a place together. They want a two-bedroom apartment with a big kitchen, hardwood floors, and a short walk to the bus stop.
When Tigist lived in Ethiopia, she dreamed of her new life in the United States. She wanted to get a good job, have her own apartment, and make enough money to send some back to her family in Addis Ababa. Now it looks like she's going to achieve her dream!
O O O O O O O O O O O O O O
Now you try it. Read the paragraph above. If you have a microphone, you can record your voice and compare it to my voice.
How much do you remember from the reading? Fill in the blanks.
- 1A: What country is Tigist from?
- 1B: She's from ______________.
- 2A: Where does Tigitst work?
- 2B: She works at the _______________.
- 3A: What does she want to get?
- 3B: She wants to get her own ________________.
- 4A: Where does she want to live?
- 4B: She wants to live in a place that's near a ______ _____.
(Answers: 1. Ethiopia; 2. airport; 3. apartment; 4. bus stop)