This is a young married couple. His name is John. Her name is Jennifer. They live in a house in Alexandria, Minnesota. He works as a carpenter. She works at a diner as a waitress. They are very happy together, and they enjoy their lives.
O O O O O O O O O O O O O O
Now you try it. Read the paragraph above. If you have a microphone, you can record your voice and compare it to my voice.
How much do you remember from the reading? Fill in the blanks.
- A: Do they live in a house or an apartment?
- B: They live _____ a house.
- A: What city do they live in?
- B: They live _____ Alexandria.
- A: What state do they live in?
- B: They live _____ Minnesota.
The answer for each sentence is "in."