Sharon and Bill went out for dinner last night. Normally, on a Friday night they stay at home with their four children, but last night was their tenth wedding anniversary. They decided to go out to a restaurant to celebrate ten years together as a married couple. Bill made reservations, and Sharon found a babysitter for the kids.
When they arrived at the restaurant, the hostess greeted them at the door. She showed them to their table, and she gave them menus. Soon the waiter came to the table and took orders for drinks. Bill ordered a beer and Sharon ordered a glass of wine, but they were not ready to order food yet. They wanted to take some time to look over the menu. It had many interesting items to choose from.
When the waiter returned to their table, he took their food order. Bill ordered a steak and a potato. Sharon ordered salmon and rice. Each meal came with a salad. The food was delicious!
Before they left to go home, Bill had a surprise for Sharon. It was a necklace. She was very surprised. Sharon had a gift for Bill, too. It was a new iPhone. Bill loves technology.
Both of them had a really good time last night. They were happy to be together, and they were happy about their marriage.
O O O O O O O O O O O O O O
Now you try it. Read the paragraph above. If you have a microphone, you can record your voice and compare it to my voice.
How much do you remember from the reading? Fill in the blanks.
- 1A: How long ago did Sharon and Bill get married?
- 1B: It was __________ ago.
- 2A: Where did they go to celebrate their anniversary?
- 2B: They went to a nice ____________.
- 3A: Who greeted Sharon and Bill when they arrived?
- 3B: The ___________ greeted them.
- 4A: What did Bill buy for Sharon?
- 4B: He bought her a ___________.
- 5A: What did Sharon buy for Bill?
- 5B: She bought him an _____________.
(Answers: 1. ten; 2. restaurant; 3. hostess; 4. necklace; 5.iPhone )
Or....Move forward to the Red Level