Diana works as a nurse. She likes her job very much because she likes to help people. She also worked as a nurse when she lived in Bulgaria.
Diana works at a hospital in the evenings. Her shift begins at 10 p.m. and ends at 8 a.m. in the morning. She would like to work during the day, but right now the hospital needs her at night.
Do you see the clipboard in her hand? She uses a list on the clipboard to check on patients. Today she's checking to see if the patients have the right medication.
Last night one of her patients died. It was an 86-year-old woman. She died of heart failure. Diana was sad about it, but dealing with death is a part of her job.
O O O O O O O O O O O O O O
Now you try it. Read the paragraph above. If you have a microphone, you can record your voice and compare it to my voice.
How much do you remember from the reading? Fill in the blanks.
- 1A: What is Diana's profession?
- 1B: She works as a __________.
- 2A: What time does she start her shift?
- 2B: She starts at __________.
- 3A: What time does her shift end?
- 3B: It ends at ____________.
- 4A: What is Diana carrying in her hand?
- 4B: She's carrying a ______________.
- 5A: What happened to one of Diana's patients last night?
- 5B: She ____________.
(Answers: 1. nurse; 2. 10 p.m.; 3. 8 a.m.; 4. clipboard; 5. died)
Or....Move forward to the Red Level