It snowed last night. We got five inches of new snow. That's almost half a foot. I'll go outside soon and shovel the snow off of the sidewalk so that no one slips.
Everyone is very excited about the snow. There is just a week left before Christmas and the snow puts people into a holiday mood. It brightens everything during the day. Light reflects off of the white surface of the snow at night. This makes it easy to see in the darkness.
It will remain cold and snowy for the next three months. That's okay. There are many fun things to do when there is snow on the ground. We can go sledding or skiing. We can also go skating as soon as the lakes freeze.
O O O O O O O O O O O O O O
Now you try it. Read the paragraph above. If you have a microphone, you can record your voice and compare it to my voice.
How much do you remember from the reading? Fill in the blanks.
- 1A: How many inches of snow fell?
- 1B: ________ inches of snow fell.
- 2A: When did it snow?
- 2B: It __________ last night.
- 3A: What can you use to clear the snow away?
- 3B: You can use a _________.
- 4A: How many more months are there of cold weather?
- 4B: There are _________ more months of winter weather.
(Answers: 1. Five; 2. snowed.; 3. shovel; 4. three)