Nadine is a good swimmer. She swims on almost every day of the week during the summer. She swims on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. She also swims on the weekend on Saturday and Sunday. During the winter, she doesn't swim every day, but she still swims a lot. Why does she swim so much? She hopes to compete in the Olympics someday.
Nadine takes good care of her body. She exercises every day and she eats healthy food. She eats a lot of fruit and vegetables, and she avoids food that is unhealthy. She never eats junk food, but sometimes she has a hamburger and french fries for lunch. She usually makes healthy choices when it comes to eating.
O O O O O O O O O O O O O O
Now you try it. Read the paragraph above. If you have a microphone, you can record your voice and compare it to my voice.
How much do you remember from the reading? Fill in the blanks.
- 1A: What does Nadine do every day?
- 1B: She ____________.
- 2A: Does she swim on the weekends?
- 2B: Yes, she ___________.
- 3A: What kind of food does she avoid?
- 3B: She ___________ junk food.
- 4A: What kind of choices does she make when she eats?
- 4B: She makes ___________ choices.
(Answers: 1. swims; 2. does; 3. avoids; 4. healthy)