Stan likes to ride his bike. He rides to and from work every day, and he rides his bike on the weekend for recreation and fun. Sometimes he rides on a bike path, but more often he rides in the street along with regular traffic.
Stan wears a helmet for safety, and he always signals his turns when riding in traffic. He stretches his left arm out straight when making a left turn, and he stretches his right arm out straight when making a right turn. State law in Minnesota requires that people on bikes ride on the right-hand side of the road. Also, according to state law, drivers of cars must give bicyclists at least three feet of space when passing.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Now you try it. Read the paragraph above. If you have a microphone, you can record your voice.
How much do you remember from the reading? Fill in the blanks.
- 1A: What does Stan ride to work?
- 1B: He _____ a bike.
- 2A: What _____ he wear to keep safe?
- 2B: He wears a helmet.
- 3A: Which arm does he use for a left turn?
- 3B: He _____ his left arm.
- 4A: On what side of the road do people ride their bikes?
- 4B: They _____ on the right-hand side.
- 5A: How much room must drivers give to people who ride bikes on the street?
- 5B: They must give at least three ______.
(1. rides; 2. does; 3. uses; 4. ride; 5. feet)