This is Luke and Sandra's baby. His name is Brandon. He's eight months old. He has beautiful blue eyes and a big smile.
Right now Brandon is up from his morning nap. He takes two naps during the day--one in the morning and one in the afternoon. When he wakes up from his nap, his mother or father checks his diaper to see if it needs to be changed. Then they give him something to drink.
Brandon loves to play with his stuffed animals. The one that he's holding is a white bear. It's his favorite toy. He laughs and giggles when he squeezes the bear. It makes a squeaking sound.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Now you try it. Read the paragraph above. If you have a microphone, you can record your voice. Then click on "Play" and compare your recording to mine.
How much do you remember from the reading? Fill in the blanks.
- 1. Brandon is eight months _________.
- 2. He takes two naps _____________ the day.
- 3. When he wakes up from his nap, someone ________ his diaper.
- 4A: What is Brandon's favorite toy?
- 4B: It's a _________ ___________.
- 5A: What kind of a sound does the toy make?
- 5B: It makes a ___________ sound.
(1. old; 2. during; 3. checks; 4. white bear; 5. squeaking)