Kids love to go swimming in the summer. When school gets out in early June, the local pool is a very popular place to be.
Chad and Jeremy are brothers. Today they're at the pool with their mother. The temperature is 95 degrees outside and it's really humid, so this is a good day to be at the pool. It's very busy.
Everyone is splashing around in the water. Kids are jumping off the diving board, yelling, screaming, and having a good time. The lifeguards are carefully watching the children play and swim. They don't allow any kind of dangerous activity in the water.
Chad is a good swimmer. He's taking swimming lessons this summer. He's a few years older than his brother, Jeremy. Chad watches his little brother in the pool to make sure he's okay, and sometimes he tries to show him how to swim. Chad likes being a big brother!
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Now you try it. Read the paragraph above. If you have a microphone, you can record your voice.
How much do you remember from the reading? Fill in the blanks.
- 1A: What do kids love to do in the summer?
- 1B: They love ______ _______ swimming.
- 2A: Who is with the boys at the pool?
- 2B: They ________ with their mother.
- 3A: What's the weather like today?
- 3B: It's hot and ___________.
- 4A: What do the lifeguards do at the pool?
- 4B: They _______ the children play and swim.
- 5A: What is Chad doing to become a good swimmer?
- 5B: He _____ ___________ swimming lessons.
(1. to go; 2. are; 3. humid; 4. watch; 5. is taking)