These are Lisa's children. She has two daughters. Katie is eight and Cynthia is eleven. Both of Lisa's children like to play in the snow, so Lisa took her children sledding today.
Katie is sitting on a sled. She's ready to go down the hill. There's some room behind her on the sled, so her sister, Cynthia, will probably go down the hill with her.
Later, they'll all go home and drink hot cocoa. They like to drink hot cocoa after being outside in the cold for a long time.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Now you try it. Read the paragraph above. If you have a microphone, you can record your voice.
How much do you remember from the reading? Fill in the blanks.
- 1A: How many daughters does Lisa have?
- 1B: She _____ two daughters.
- 2A: What do her daughters like to do?
- 2B: They like ___ ______ in the snow.
- 3A: What is Katie sitting _____?
- 3B: She's sitting on a sled.
- 4A: Where will they all go later?
- 4B: They'll all go ______.
(1. has; 2. to play; 3. on; 4. home)