Luke and Sandra are going to have a baby. Sandra is seven months pregnant, so they expect the baby will come in the middle of May. They are both excited and a little nervous about becoming parents for the first time.
When the baby comes, Sandra is going to take a six-month leave of absence from her job. She wants to spend a lot of time with her new baby. After that, she will go back to work, and then Luke will stay home with the baby. Right now he's a student studying law, but he'll be finished with law school by the end of this year.
To prepare for the baby's arrival, Sandra's family and friends are having a baby shower for her. This is her first baby, so she needs a lot of things: a crib, a baby carrier, a high chair, baby clothes, baby bottles, and a lot of diapers.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Now you try it. Read the paragraph above. If you have a microphone, you can record your voice.
How much do you remember from the reading? Fill in the blanks.
- 1. Luke and Sandra are going to _______ a baby.
- 2. They are excited and nervous _________ becoming parents for the first time.
- 3A: Who will stay home with the baby first?
- 3B: _________ is going to stay home with the baby first.
- 4A: What is Luke ___________ right now?
- 4B: He's studying law.
- 5A: Who's having a baby shower for Sandra?
- 5B: ________ family and friends are having a baby shower for her.
(1. have; 2. about; 3. Sandra; 4. studying; 5. Sandra's)