LEARN AMERICAN ENGLISH ONLINE
|HOME YOUR TEACHER MEMBERSHIP CONTACT MERCHANDISE PHOTOS BLOG CHAT LESSONS|
Choose It or They
The words "it" and "they" are pronouns that substitute for nouns. In this exercise, choose "it" or "they" to refer to a noun that appears previously.
Example: The children are playing. They are having fun.
1. The TV is on. Please turn _______ off.
2. The pizza is ready. Be careful, ________ might be hot.
3. The cars are expensive because ________ came from Germany.
4. If you see the movie, don't tell me how ________ends.
5. We wanted to buy some apples, but _________ looked rotten.
6. I followed his directions; however, _________ turned out to be incorrect.
7. Let's get that furniture if _________ goes on sale.
8. We returned the fruit because __________ didn't taste right.
9. She didn't drive to Kansas. __________ would have taken too long.
10. The men are looking for work. Do you think __________ will find jobs here?
11. Did you see all the deer? __________ ran away as soon as we drove by.
12. Our house used to have mice. __________ lived in the basement until we got a cat.
13. The trains finally arrived at the station. _______ often fall behind schedule in the evening.
14. Before you eat the cereal, let __________ cool down a little.
15. After you remove packaging around the medicine tablets, put __________ in the garbage.