|Violet Level Quiz #1 - Subordinating Conjunctions|
Directions: Choose from among these subordinating conjunctions to complete each sentence:
1. She has decided to move to Portland _______________ there are more opportunities for employment in that city.
2. You can borrow my car ________________ you agree to be very careful with it.
3. They'll have a good corn harvest this year _______________ it rains a lot and prevents them from harvesting their crops.
4. Our neighbor is going to buy a gun ________________ she can protect herself from intruders who break into her apartment.
5. _______________ he can save a lot of money by taking the bus, Russ still drives his car into the city every day.
6. Ronald is going to finish his homework ________________ it takes him all night.
7. My daughter can't wait _____________ she gets her new bike.
8. Stay in the car _______________ I go into the store. I'll be right back.
9. It's a good idea to go to college for four years _______________ it's possible to get a good job without a degree.
10. ________________ he's overweight, Tony eats a lot of food before he goes to bed. That's not healthy.
11. The police can't arrest the suspect in the crime______________ they have more evidence against him.
12. Tim's parents will let him have his own car _______________ he pays for his own insurance and doesn't get into any trouble with it.
13. _______________ Terry was talking on the phone and not paying attention, her kids were making a big mess in the kitchen.
14. _______________ the police caught him driving while drunk, he lost his license.
15. Hubert's wife will have to get a job _______________ they can afford to pay their mortgage and other expenses.
16. You shouldn't accept a ride in a car from someone ________________ you know the person really well.
17. Rogelio needs to see a doctor _________________ his back is really bothering him a lot.
18. Jorge Shrubino was not a popular leader in his country __________________ he had support from the business community.
19. Tanya and Uri have agreed not to move in together __________________ they get married.
20. The teacher got angry because the students were talking ________________ he was trying to teach the class.
Click here for the answers.