The word "crummy" is an adjective that describes things or situations that are not good. It's similar to "lousy." "Crummy" is a very popular adjective, but you probably won't come across it in your English books at schoool.
- The weather today is crummy. It's cold and rainy.
- The kids had a crummy time at the party.
- Lucinda wasn't sorry to leave her job because she had a crummy boss and the pay was lousy.
- Breaking up with her boyfriend over the phone was a crummy thing to do.
- I'm feeling crummy. I have a headache and I'm all congested.
He feels crummy.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
This page was first published on May 1, 2012. It was amended on January 23, 2015.