A path is something that people make with their feet by walking or running over the same ground every day. Paths are found outside in forests and fields. The word "trail" is similar to "path."
- Every day Wanda and Bandar walk on the path that leads to their school.
- This path will take you to where you need to go.
- If you get off of the path, you might get lost. Stay on the path.
- There's a bicycle path that goes around the lake.
- This path will take you through the woods.
- This trail will take you through the woods.
You will often hear the word "path" used as a metaphor for one's life.
- Good grades in high school are a path towards college.
- Studying chemistry will take you on a path to a good career.
- Stay on the right path and you will be successful.
- He got off on the wrong path and wound up in prison.
- Maria stayed on a career path for so long, she forgot about starting a family until it was too late.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
This page was first published on April 11, 2012. It was updated on May 26, 2015.