August 11, 2012 - Word of the Day
A person feels pride when he or she feels good about himself or herself or other people. There's also a feeling of pride about one's work or something that a person makes.
- He takes a lot of pride in the furniture that he makes.
- She felt tremendous pride after winning the race.
- Bill's parents feel great pride when they talk about his accomplishments.
- The winner was overwhelmed with pride after winning a gold medal.
- The pride they feel is shown in the smiles on their faces.
The word "proud" is the adjective form of "pride."
- He feels proud of himself.
- Helen's family is proud of her accomplishments in school.
- I'm so proud of you!
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.