The word "youth" is a noun that refers to a period of time when a person is young, or the word "youth" describes a personal quality:
- Maria's youth disappeared once she had children.
- The managers of that company are going for youth in the people they hire.
- In his youth, Jose was a good baseball player.
- Selma hasn't lost her youth. She's 46 years old, but she looks twenty years younger than that.
- What he lacks in experience he can make up for with his youth.
- There are many things that you can do in your youth that you can't do as you get older.
- Enjoy your youth!
To make an adjective, add "ful" to the end of this word:
- She has a very youthful appearance.
- Teaching children her entire life has kept her feeling youthful and imaginative.
- Despite having reached the age of 92, Theresa's grandmother still acts in a youthful manner.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
This page was first published on August 28, 2012. It was updated on June 26, 2015.