Word of the Day - December 2012 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence. Use each word once.
1. Watching a movie about space travel _________ Brian to become an astronaut.
2. You can't _________ that the climate around the world is changing.
3. Scientists have a lot of ___________ about how the planet has evolved.
4. Bertha made cookies for everyone in class. That was very _________ of her.
5. The worker's __________ cost the company a lot of money.
6. When we learned of the __________, everyone was in shock and disbelief.
7. Excuse me, __________. Is this your luggage?
8. Helen likes to lie __________ on her back when she sleeps.
9. _________ below the surface of the ocean there are some very strange-looking aquatic animals.
10. The parents were overcome with __________ when they learned that their son was killed in Afghanistan.
11. Jim hasn't decided _________ what kind of car he's going to buy.
12. Have they set a __________ for their wedding?
13. Everyone in the neighborhood __________ Wallace because he gives so much of his time and money to charity.
14. We need to find more ___________ in our garage for all of this stuff.
15. As a __________, you are always concerned about the health and safety of your children.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.