January 13, 2012 - Word of the Day
The word "quick" means fast. It's usually an adjective (quick) or an adverb (quickly).
- She's very quick.
- She works quickly.
- Do you know a quick way to get to the airport?
- What's the quickest way to the airport? (Add "est" to "quick" to make the superlative form.)
- I need to get to the airport quickly.
- This computer is pretty quick.
- This computer operates smoothly and quickly.
- Matthew is a quick learner.
- He's much quicker than the other students. (comparative form)
- He learns things more quickly than the other students.
The pizza we ordered arrived very quickly.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.