January 14, 2013 - Word of the Day
The word "weird" is a popular adjective. It means strange or unusual. You can use "weird" to describe people or situations:
Click here for the sound.
- It looks kind of weird for him to be wearing an apron over his suit.
- The weather this winter has been very weird. Today it's warmer in New York City than it is in southern California.
- Stay away from the guy who lives at the end of the hall. He's weird.
- That was a weird movie, but I liked it.
- Vanessa says that her stomach feels weird. Maybe she's sick.
- Todd says he doesn't like abstract or modern art because it's weird.
- That's weird. For some reason all the lights are off in that building. ("That's weird" is a very common expression for something that is unusual.)
- Something smells weird in my car.
- It's weird that Paul's voice is coming from the cartoon character up above.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.