January 19, 2012 - Word of the Day
A person who yells uses a very loud voice. This is usually a bad thing to do, especially when someone yells at another person:
- These two men are yelling at each other about the quality of the wine they're drinking.
- Teresa's boss yelled at her yesterday because she came to work late.
- The teacher yelled at the students who were fighting in the hallway.
- It's not polite to yell to another person in a large public place.
- What is he yelling about?
- What are you yelling for? Lower your voice!
He's yelling at his computer, but the computer isn't listening to his complaints.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.