Word of the Day - October 2012 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence. Use each word once.
1. How much money do you _____________?
2. Jim's test score was the lowest in the class. All of the _____________ students got higher scores.
3. Luis and Jorge played in a soccer _____________ after school.
4. If we ______________ we'll be able to catch the bus.
5. This coffee is way too ______________. I can't even drink it.
6. You should never look ______________ on another person because of his or her occupation.
7. The police are keeping _____________ of where Mustafa goes every day.
8. An ______________ was placed for three large pepperoni and sausage pizzas.
9. President Obama was really on _____________ of things during the debate.
10. Does anyone know who these books _______________ to?
11. An accident on the highway created a big _______________ during the late afternoon commute.
12. You can keep your schoolwork organized in a _______________.
13. We should occasionally _______________ the ideas and motives of our leaders, but we should do so respectfully.
14. Belinda is ______________ for attention. She'll do just about anything to get people to notice her.
15. Be careful! If you _____________ those two chemicals, there will be an explosion.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.