Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence.
cool drink eat edible jealous lick open sight sound store
1. This steak is so over-cooked, it's barely __________.
2. John lost his __________ when he realized someone hit his new car.
3. Even though the construction of the building was __________, it could not withstand the force of a tornado.
4. Gerald became __________ when he saw his girlfriend talking with another man.
5. Are you __________ to the idea of going to Brazil on vacation?
6. She can't drive. She's had way too much to __________.
7. Try not to lose __________ of your goals.
8. This meeting is probably going to __________ up most of the afternoon.
9. Where do you __________ your frozen food?
10. It's not necessary to _________ postage stamps anymore. Most of them have an adhesive backing.
(Answers: 1. edible; 2. cool; 3. sound; 4. jealous; 5. open; 6. drink; 7. sight; 8. eat; 9. store; 10. lick)
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.