The word "cute" is similar to the words "pretty" or "beautiful," but it's usually used for things that are small or young.
- Our neighbors have a cute little baby.
- Look at the puppy! He's so cute.
- Kittens are cute when they're young, but not all cats are cute.
As an adjective, "cute" describes people or things:
- Gloria and Diego live in a cute house by the ocean.
- All the women at the office said that Maria's dress was cute.
- Children do all kinds of things that are cute.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
This page was first published on September 25, 2012. It was updated on April 10, 2016.