The word "incredible" usually has one of two meanings. It can be something very good or something that is hard to believe.
- Usain Bolt turned in an incredible performance at the Olympic Games in London.
- His speed was incredible.
- The frosting on this cake is incredible. I love it.
- Liam told his wife some incredible story about where he was last night, but she didn't believe him.
- I have an incredible amount of work to do. (There's a lot of work to do.)
- It's incredible how many people come to this website every day. (The number of people who come here is very large.)
The word "incredibly" is the adverb form for this word:
- This cake is incredibly good.
- He's an incredibly fast runner.
- Our flight to Los Angeles was incredibly uncomfortable.
- That car is incredibly fast.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
This page was first published on September 8, 2012. It was updated on July 10, 2015.