The word "lousy" is an adjective that you can use to describe something that is really bad:
- We've had lousy weather lately.
- Lousy sales caused the store to close.
- Marina divorced her husband because he was a lousy person, and he wasn't interested in satisfying her needs in the relationship.
- Customer service at this store is lousy. The employees aren't very helpful.
- Joe says he feels lousy today, so he's just going to stay home in bed. (He's sick.)
- The food at this place is lousy.
The weather today is lousy.
Click here to learn more words.
Originally published April 7, 2013; updated on April 17, 2017