April 24, 2013 - Word of the Day
The word "typical" is an adjective that means average, normal, or usual.
- What is a typical day like for you?
- It's typical for her to be late to class.
- That's so typical of him to say that.
- A typical office worker arrives at work at 8:30 a.m. and leaves at 5 p.m.
- Delays and late arrivals are typical problems in the airline industry.
The adverb for this word is "typically."
- He typically eats lunch there every day.
- Today the students are late to class, but typically they're on time.
- I typically spend two to three hours a day working on this website.
Click here to learn more words.