August 14, 2013 - Word of the Day
To describe something or someone is to provide information about color, size, texture, weight, length, quality, age, etc.
- How would you describe yourself?
- Can you describe what your town looks like?
- It's difficult to describe what injera tastes like. You have to taste it for yourself.
- The woman described the man who stole her purse.
- An adjective describes a noun.
- Adverbs describe verbs, adjectives, and other adverbs.
The word "description" is a noun:
- That's a good description of the car.
- The police asked for a description of the man.
- The brochure has a description of the resort.
- It was difficult to understand the description of the castle because it was all in German.
This description is in German.
Click here to learn more words.