August 19, 2013 - Word of the Day
A glimpse is a quick look at something. This word is often used as a noun:
- I caught a glimpse of the building as I drove by.
- Take a glimpse at this and tell me what you think.
- The students got a glimpse of college life when they visited the campus.
- Even a quick glimpse of the sun is too painful for your eyes.
He got a glimpse of himself in the mirror.
You can also use "glimpse" as a verb:
- Mary glimpsed through the magazine while in the doctor's office.
- Dan glimpsed quickly at his cell phone to see what time it was.
Click here to learn more words.