August 7, 2013 - Word of the Day
A hill is a raised area of land that has a slope. The slope can be gradual or sharp. A hill is much smaller than a mountain. A hill looks like this:
This is a hill.
- Let's go climb that hill.
- They went up the hill, then they went down the hill.
- Wisconsin is a state with a lot of hills. The land is hilly. ("Hilly" is an adjective.)
- Would you like to have a house on top of a hill?
- Hills are fun to go down on a bike, but they aren't much fun when going up.
- He's going to go down the hill on his sled.
He has a sled.
- A sled is used for going down snow-covered hills in the winter.
- He'll go down the hill on his sled. (The contraction "he'll" and the noun "hill" have exactly the same sound in standard American English.)
Click here to learn more words.