August 31, 2013 - Word of the Day
A knob is that thing you pull when opening a door or a cabinet. It's usually round:
- The knob on this door is really old.
- It's an old door knob.
- To open the door, twist the knob and pull.
- The knob on this cabinet fell off.
- I have to fix the knob.
A knob is also found on electronic devices for volume and for tuning:
- To find a radio station, you turn the tuning knob.
- To turn the volume up or down, you turn the volume knob. The volume knob on some radios turns the radio off.
- This amplifier has several different knobs.
Click here to learn more words.