December 5, 2013 - Word of the Day
The word "else" is similar to the words "more" or "different." This word is often used with pronouns:
- Maria doesn't want milk. She'd rather have something else.
- Is there anything else you need from the store?
- Do you need anything else?
- Is there anyone else who would like to order a pizza?
- He has nothing else to say.
- Get someone else to do that. I'm busy.
- What else do you think about this book?
- Where else would you like to go if we don't go to a movie?
The word "else" is often used when a situation might have a negative result:
- He'd better be on time or else.
- She has to get her grades up, or else she won't graduate.
- Turn down your music or else I'm calling the police.
- This has been a bad day. What else is going to happen?
- Move your car or else!
Click here to learn more words.