December 30, 2013 - Word of the Day
If something is fabulous, it's very, very good:
- The acting in 12 Years a Slave was fabulous.
- Patricia's cooking is fabulous.
- The employees did a fabulous job this quarter.
- We had a fabulous time at the party.
- This is absolutely fabulous!
As an adverb, this word becomes "fabulously." It's usually used as an intensifier, similar to "very" and "really": however, it has a very strong effect on the adjective it modifies.
- Bill Gates founded Microsoft and became fabulously wealthy.
- Michael Jordan is fabulously famous for his basketball playing.
- Martha has a fabulously healthy diet.
He's fabulously rich.
Click here to learn more words.