The word "hectic" describes situations in which people are very, very busy, or there's a condition that produces problems.
- Ahmed has a hectic work schedule.
- Things around the office have been very hectic lately.
- The morning commute is usually hectic, especially when there's snow on the roads.
- Today is going to be hectic. We have a lot to do in a short amount of time.
- Amina's life has been hectic lately.
- It's been a hectic day.
- Life in the city can feel hectic at times.
Note: This adjective is not used to describe people directly. You would not say, for example, He's so hectic, or She's a hectic person.
Click here to learn more words.
This page was first published on December 9, 2013. It was updated on January 8, 2016.