February 20, 2013 - Word of the Day
To give something or to volunteer (a proposal) is to offer.
These sentences and questions show how "offer" is used as a verb:
- Can I offer you something to drink?
- The woman hosting the party offered her guests some appetizers.
- We offered to give the man a ride, but he declined.
- A clothing company is offering Carol a job. She might take it.
- Bob decided to offer some financial assistance to the local homeless shelter.
The word "offer" is often used as a noun:
- They're going to make an offer on a house.
- What kind of an offer are they going to make? (How much are they willing to pay and under what conditions?)
- That's a very good offer.
- The company made me an offer for a job, and I accepted it.
- The XYZ Corporation made Dan an offer, but he didn't accept it. It wasn't a good offer.
Click here to learn more words.
|Your donations help keep this website free for people around the world. Thanks!