February 2, 2013 - Word of the Day
When there are two or more things made in ways that are very similar--yet different enough so that they aren't identical--we can use the word "version" to talk about them. Cars, books, movies, electronic devices, and stories may have different versions. This word is a noun:
- Which version of the story did you like better, the movie or the book?
- Toyota is coming out with a new hybrid version of the popular Camry model.
- Modern day versions of the Bible are much easier to read than the King James edition published in 1611.
- The police knew someone was lying when they heard suspects tell different versions of the events leading to the murder.
- I have to download the newest version of this word processing program to my computer.
Yesterday's word of the day included a video. Do you like that format, or do you prefer listening to the word of the day as an audio recording with text below it?
Tell me what you think!
Click here to learn more words.