January 31, 2013 - Word of the Day
The word "delete" is a verb that means to get rid of something, to remove, or to erase. It's often used when using a computer and eliminating text (words) or files.
- Chris deleted something on the document by mistake.
- Names of students who did not attend class on the first day were deleted from the attendance.
- Mohammad needs to delete some information on his computer.
- To delete text, you can highlight it and then hit the return button.
- If you delete something accidentally, go to the menu, click on "edit" and then click "undo."
He's deleting some files.
The word "delete" is often used as a noun:
- I hit delete by mistake.
- Where's delete on this keyboard?
"Delete" can also be used as an adjective:
- Hit the delete key to get rid of the text.
- Do you know where the delete button is on your phone?
Note: "Delete" is one of those words that has become more common with the rise of the personal computer.
Click here to learn more words.