January 10, 2013 - Word of the Day
The word "prior" is an adjective that means before.
- What was your prior address? (What was your address before you moved to a new location?)
- The thief had some prior convictions. (He was found guilty of other crimes.)
- Prior to moving to the United States, Jorge was a doctor in Mexico.
- Prior to the mid 1990s, Most people didn't really know how to use the internet.
The word "priority" is related to "prior." A priority is something important that you do or something that you consider before doing other things.
- Getting a college degree is a priority for Gladys.
- Don considers the welfare of his family to be his top priority.
- Kevin's priorities are all mixed up. He'd rather spend time going out with his friends late at night than do his homework.
- The reduction of gun violence in the United States has become one of Barack Obama's top priorities as President.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.