Word of the Day - July 2013 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence. Use each word once.
1. Don't __________. This isn't funny!
2. The weather today is absolutely ___________. There isn't a cloud in the sky.
3. The boy began to __________ when he felt a pain in his stomach.
4. This crossword puzzle is making me so __________! I can't finish it.
5. The desk clerk got a call from a __________ who said he needed more towels.
6. There's nothing like an ice-cold __________ on a hot summer day.
7. Kung Pao Chicken is a popular __________ in many Chinese restaurants.
8. Let's __________ the meeting and go play some golf instead.
9. The kids were unable to __________ themselves from laughing when they saw the man trip and fall.
10. Darlene was fired because she didn't work __________ enough.
11. Buying a house in an unstable market is a __________ of the dice.
12. There's a towel on the __________ if you need one.
13. The boys decided to take a __________ behind the curtain to see what was there.
14. In a __________ position, Bob learned how to use Facebook for staying in touch with customers.
15. When cats __________, it might look like they are fighting, but they're usually just playing.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.